Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Our Crazy Story! Post 1

Trevor and I have a fun story that I love to tell! So, grab some popcorn! (OH, I might go pop some now :) Ok, got my popcorn (and just finished a 2 hour date with my hunny)

In the year 2012, all year I was going to school and working in a small town called Burley, Idaho. My schooling is online so I was just living at home. Trevor, on the other hand, was in Arequipa Peru! Yes, he was serving a mission for our church. This continued on until about November. I attended singles ward and activities every week, in attempts to find that "Mr. Right.". One Monday night at FHE, we were writing thank you card to the soldiers in Iraq. Sitting nearby was a bright redhead. I had been attending the singles ward for a year and a half by now, and knew everyone, but this redhead.

Time went on, I saw him at a few other activities, but it never quite worked out for me to say hi and introduce myself. I can't explain it, but from the moment I saw him, I knew I wanted to get to know him. On December 8th, our singles ward took a trip to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. I spent the morning walking around with some girlfriends of mine. When around lunch time, in the City Creek mall, by the escalators, we ran into some guys from the ward. Lo and behold, THE REDHEAD! I knew the opportunity fell right into my lap. I had had many years of practice, and he was a very fresh RM (return missionary). So, what did I do? I flirted it up! I asked them if they wanted to walk around with us, they agreed and this redhead and I began to talk. His name is Trevor. He hadn't been home a month yet from his mission. I made sure to walk real close to him, so our shoulders bumped on occasion. Our hands brushed a time or two. Sometime while doing this, I asked him for his phone number. Oh yes, it was me.

Our ward had dinner on Temple Square at the Lion House. There, we sat right next to each other and had our first real conversation. We got to know each other a bit and found out that we had a lot in common. It was neat. Then as we neared the bus to go home, I made sure to plan it just right, so that we would get to sit by each other. (The tension builds). It was dark on the bus, and we continued talking. The conversation progressed and well, we can't quite remember. I think we were teasing each other, but he ended up putting his arm around me. I turned to him, smiled and said "nice." I felt like I unlocked a new achievement. I got him to put his arm around me, success! The drive continued, I snuggled up....my head ended up on his shoulder. Our hands were together. In the quiet silence on the bus, we kissed.


-SMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment